Thursday 27 May 2010

End of Module Evaluation

What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
I feel that I have gained experience in using software such as Indesign to a basic level of understanding allowing me to use it as an option for type and layout in future projects. The type and grid workshops with Lorenzo were interesting as I got to a learn valuable insight into this area of design. I had a basic understanding of the subject area but the workshops helped develop my skills and interest towards type and grid. I feel that my collaborative skills have improved, as I have found it easier to work with others on a brief, making better decisions as a group and becoming more .

What approaches/methods of research have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?
Throughout the course of the module I have developed various different methods of research both for communication is a virus and speaking from experience briefs. I have learnt that it is important to have varied areas of research such as quantitive and qualitative as well as collecting data information. A wider range of research allows for a better base to generate ideas and concepts. I have also found that throughout the course of the module group discussions and crits have become increasingly more beneficial, as they allow me to engage with my peers helping me push my work forwards.

What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?
I feel that over the course of the module that I have developed my concept building and idea generation skills. I think that I have become more visual in documenting how I work, through design sheets and my blog throughout the module. A lot of my projects in this module have been based on the ideas and concepts rather than the actual finished product.

What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these more fully?
I think that my projects in this module have had stronger concepts and ideas than the final solutions from them. Again I feel that I still need to improve my time management, but I think that if I keep blogging more constantly everyday I will overcome this weakness.

Identify five things that you would do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?
*I would have liked to push myself more, experimenting with a wider range of medias out of my comfort zone
*Think about how my ideas/concepts and final products will go into the surrounding environment perhaps visually displaying the products to see how they would be absorbed. Visualizing the designs in selected environments would help me gather an understanding into what purpose they serve.
*Produce more research relevant to the problem as I believe the more relevant information you have the easier it will be to generate ideas.x

How would you grade yourself in the following areas?
Attendance 5
Punctuality 5
Motivation 3
Commitment 4
Quantity of work produced 3
Quality of work produced 3
Contribution to the group 4

No comments:

Post a Comment