I have chosen four companies that I could potentially be competing against when I graduate. For each of the companies I am going to access them hypothetically suggesting what areas I have the upper hand in and how I can benefit from this in the world of design. I am looking at two different local design agencies of different sizes, Rabbit Hole designs and Elmwood.
SWOT- (Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and treats)
Rabit hole design
- Knowledge and experience of using web design.
- Knowledge in coding, HTML and other web platforms.
- Lacks creative work.
- No print based work.
- Able to offer print based solutions on multimedia briefs.
- As they are predominantly web based they would excel in briefs that are web design heavy as I lack the knowledge in coding to create certain things.
A well established international brand consultancy agency.
- International cliental.
- Well established all around the world.
- Redesigning and rebranding existing products, packaging with a contemporary lift.
- Not as many small local clients.
- Taking on more local clients doing similar jobs to elmwood on a more local and regional scale.
- Able to take on the smaller clients that they might not have time to take on.
- Vastly superior and known name, with a large client history and years worth of experience.