Monday 24 January 2011

Task 4- Who else is out there

Who am I competing against?


I have chosen four companies that I could potentially be competing against when I graduate. For each of the companies I am going to access them hypothetically suggesting what areas I have the upper hand in and how I can benefit from this in the world of design. I am looking at two different local design agencies of different sizes, Rabbit Hole designs and Elmwood.


SWOT- (Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and treats)


Rabit hole design


S:

  • Knowledge and experience of using web design.
  • Knowledge in coding, HTML and other web platforms.



W:

  • Lacks creative work.
  • No print based work.

O:

  • Able to offer print based solutions on multimedia briefs.

T:

  • As they are predominantly web based they would excel in briefs that are web design heavy as I lack the knowledge in coding to create certain things.
Elmwood


A well established international brand consultancy agency.


S: 

  • International cliental. 
  • Well established all around the world.
  • Redesigning and rebranding existing products, packaging with a contemporary lift.



W:

  • Not as many small local clients.



O:

  • Taking on more local clients doing similar jobs to elmwood on a more local and regional scale.
  • Able to take on the smaller clients that they might not have time to take on.



T:

  • Vastly superior and known name, with a large client history and years worth of experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment