Tuesday 17 November 2009

End of Module- Self Evaluation

What practical skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
I have found that as I have gone through from project to project that the process of generating ideas and coming up with solutions to them has become more expansive. Before I used to come up with an idea that I thought was strong and just developed on it but the various concept building processes that I have picked up have allowed me to explore multiple ways that I can develop concepts but at the same time choosing and choosing a solution to it.

What approaches to/methods of problem solving have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?
I have been able to utilise the various concept building excises and tutorials to my advantage as they help me concentrate on what ideas I am going to focus on rather than not know what I am doing, which in affect reduces the amount of work I would produce. I have also started to use worksheets/layout pad more as I prefer all my ideas and visuals to be handy and not tidied down by being in a sketchbook, so in case I need to refer to an idea quickly it is there.

What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?
I feel that I am most comfortable working with type. I also feel capable of using the computers and software to a standard that helps me benefit my work. I feel that as I learn to use new software and improve my practical skills, this will help me to become more competent.

What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these more fully?
I feel that some of my work is to simple and that some of the final solutions are of a similar style, which I would hope that I could add more variety to. I feel that I also lack the mixture of mixed media, I would like to be able to incorporate more of it into my final solutions as well as my concept building and development stages of my projects. I could also become more involved larger group discussions and crits as I think it will help to build up my communication skills and I could benefit from taking more on board if I was more involved.

Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?
1) Manage my time more efficiently so that I don't let all the various tasks get on top of me and so that I can produce good quality work with the time available to me.
2) Spend more time developing and exploring concepts and ideas but a the same time being able to make an efficient informed decision on the direction I am taking my work.
3) Take more of the feedback given in from the crits and work with some of the suggestions and ideas that people put forward
4) I would like to explore more areas of Graphic design such as image which I feel that I am not as strong/confident at using
5) I would like to improve my punctuality, this will help my general work ethos

Are there any things we could have done differently that would have benefited your progress?
Generally the feedback that I have received from the progress and final crits has been beneficial to me and will help me understand the certain areas if the design or project that I might need to work on.

How Would You Grade yourself in the following areas: (5=excellent- 1=poor)

Attendance: 4
Punctuality: 3
Motivation: 4
Commitment:
Quantity of work produced: 3
Quality of work produced: 3
Contribution to the group: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment